If you’re looking for a monster-sized hitting drill, look no further. Here is Cliff’s 1080 — a drill with 1080 variations that will challenge even the most seasoned pros.
Here’s how it works.
First, choose your spot on the court. You’ve got 9 options.
Next, choose how to shoot. 2 options here.
Third, choose which shot to drill. 5 options.
- Down the line
- Cross court
- Reverse pinch
- Wide angle
Then, choose an objective. 2 options.
- Second bounce close to the front wall
- Second bounce close to the back wall
And finally, choose how to start. 6 options here.
- Hit out of your hand and contact the ball high
- Hit out of your hand and contact the ball at medium height
- Hit out of your hand and contact the ball low
- Self-feed and cut the ball off
- Self-feed and hit the ball on a regular bounce
- Self-feed and short-hop the ball
So, there they are — 1080 variations: (9 spots) x (2 how to shoot) x (5 shots) x (2 objectives) x (6 start options) = 1080.
It’s right. I swear.
Now forget about the math. You’ve got some drilling to do!